Recipe for traditional Polish cheesecake.
- 125g butter, room temperature
- 10 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
Mix together eggs with sugar. Sieve the flour and baking soda into the bowl and fold together with other ingredients to form a cohesive dough. Grease a baking tin and line with baking paper or use butter with semolina. Place a mixture in a tin and smooth down. Remember about the edges.
- 1,5 kg full-fat or half fat curd cheese, minced at least twice
- 10 tbsp. sugar
- 6 large eggs, whites and yolks separately
- 1 glass milk
- 40g custard powder (Polish – budyn)
- seeds from 2 vanilla pods + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup your favourite dried fruits (raisins or peach from cans)
- In a separate bowl beat egg yolks with sugar till creamy and white.
- Add to cheesecake mixture and mix just to combine.
- Custard powder mix with milk. Add the mixture to cheesecake.
- Mix together till just combined.
- Now, you can add your favourite dried fruits (raisins or peach)
- Place cheesecake mixture in a tin and smooth down. Bake at 170ºC/200ºC fan for about 60 minutes.